Thursday, April 26, 2012

This is how I feel.
 (and no I didn't mean to cut her head off)
Apparently there are very few single level houses in ALL OF NEW ENGLAND. Due to approaching decrepitude, knee surgery, fractured ankles, bone spurs, arthritis (not to mention weight), we are looking for a single level house that we can live and die in.

We expanded our search area.  We figured we might be able to spend a whole nother $100K.  and we STILL aren't finding listings that seem to "work."  Oh... and we'd like to be less than 2 hours away from our children.

Our realtor didn't have any houses to show us today.  Somehow, we were sort of tired of being visiting tourists, so we slept a little late, cooked our own breakfast, drank coffee and took turns surfing the net looking for houses.

I'm wondering how many hours of Stairmaster (and at what slow speed) we would have to log in before we could consider a two story house.  

The retirement communities seem to be for fuddy-duddies AND have teensy floor plans.  Where could we possibly build a workshop?  Or put 75+ boxes worth of books.  That is a mere guess. It might be 50 boxes, it might be 200. I packed a lot of them, but am glad I didn't have to count them.

Just discouraged.

But... I haven't started sitting on the sidewalk.  I haven't started smoking.  And I can't think of any reason to get a tattoo.  So I suppose things are better than they seem.

Comments/suggestions welcome. desperately needed.

1 comment:

Ninotchka said...

Crossed fingers that you find the PERFECT dwelling for you. It'll come along! Even if its not what you expected. :)