Friday, July 11, 2014

Belated 4th on the 5th and then a little drama.

 It's a bit of a drive from our son's house to our house, so we decked it out as festively as possible when they said they could come for July 4th inauguration of our Weber Kettle.  Flags and petunias and plenty of sun.
The awaited arrival!  YAY!
 Mom promised HRH that she'd only need to pose once... and this is what I got.  (I snuck in some other shots, but while she is wonderfully photogenic, she's a bit camera shy.)

 We'd found a wading pool at Play It Again Sports.  The water was COLD!
 But HRH was happy to try it.
 Her parents had a super deluxe pool they'd gotten for a pirate party last year.  It had a slide!  A palm tree! and shallower water that got a little warmer a little faster.

 Grampa made sure the tree stood up straight.
 Dad doesn't actually have a bird feeder on his head, but he didn't follow instructions to move to one side or the other. 
 The slide was a hit!
 Repeatedly.
We had hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, cole slaw, pasta salad, cake, beer and soda.  It was a good time.  I'm quite sure that HRH was asleep before they hit the Massachusetts line.

On Monday I had an appointment in Newburyport and got to visit Sisters We Three artisan gift shop afterwards. They have consignments from over 200 New England Artists.
I coveted this stained glass wreath.
 And these delicate quilled paper beach images.
 And some funny signs.
 On my way home I visited our town library.  It had been YARN BOMBED!!!!
 Are you old enough to remember Guido Sarducci on Saturday Night Live?  He had a gag called "Finda Da Pope in Da Pizza."  The picture below is in his honor and called "Finda Da Cat in Da Clutter."
 She apparently likes to be near me, even if there isn't much space.
 I painted my nails "Safety Orange" for the 4th of July... I was feeling playful in the extreme.
 Sadly, I had to removed it Wednesday because I had to have surgery Thursday morning.
Lumpectomy #2.  It's been 9 years since the first one... seems just like yesterday.  I guess I should hope it will be at LEAST 9 years before I need another one... or any OTHER kind of operation.  The staff at Anna Jacques Hospital was awesome though.  I won't know for a couple of weeks whether they recommend radiation for a woman of "my" age. 

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy your fourth was a good time, but sorry about the lumpectomy. Sending healing light. (which isn't quite as cool as pink light, but the best I have to offer. :-))

Unknown said...

hi, the little girl is soo cute. very bubbly too.

more power!
www.sighstyles.blogspot.com
www.i-dress-up-and-sleep.blogspot.com